TILDENMEMORIES.COM / TILDENALUMNIASSOCIATION.ORG • View topic - Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself

Please Join the Tilden Forum and get involved in communicating with others from Tilden's Past. To Join click Register.

Introduce Yourself

Postby admin » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:23 am

:D :roll: Post your name and any information about yourself. If you have a question or statement, post it here. Perhaps other alumni will communicate with you.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby JEF » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi Everyone, my name is Justin Falasca. I have been a teacher of computer science and technology at Tilden for many years and have had many wonderful experiences. Tilden's closing has left a void in my heart and the hearts of so many others. My students were the best and made teaching such a pleasure. My tech squad assisted me and helped maintain the technology we developed at Tilden. Does anyone remember me? I taught in Room 119. I'm still here at the Tilden Campus working for ITAVA, one of the new mini high schools. Hope to hear from past staff and students with a Post.
JEF

Postby pauldeb21 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:15 am

My name is Paul Schwartz .I'm from the class of 77. Lots of friends. Great memories. Tilden Basketball. Jerry Gold ."Big Time" Very sad to hear about the school's downfall.
pauldeb21

Postby drmarvin » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:06 pm

I'm Marvin Silverman, Tilden '67. Would like to hear from old friends.
drmarvin2@gmail.com
drmarvin

Postby jcw24@aol.com » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi! i was in the class of 1977. Would love to hear from old friends. I have very fond memories of Tilden, Sing, track and field and Mrs. Cohen, the track coach. Julie Clark. Class of 1977
jcw24@aol.com

Postby jaemel » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:29 pm

Hi, my name is Joe and I actually used to work on the Custodial staff at Tilden from 1973-1977, and though it was only 4 short years, and quite awhile ago, it was great working there!
Hoping I may actually get to come across a few folks I used to know from back then!
jaemel

Postby O.Beck » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:54 pm

Hello fellow Tildenites,
I am Olivia (Pakula) Beck, class of 1963. I have published a non-fiction book called Road to Sunrise, about my unique childhood living in Brooklyn and the summers in the Catskill Mountains with a large, extended family. My unforgettable experiences at Tilden High are highlights of my book. Below is an overview, in case you are interested in reading it. The best purchase price is through authorhouse.com, but it is listed on all the book websites and Amazon. It is also available as an e-book, Kindle and the Nook. Feel free to contact me at o.beck@comcast.net. I would be happy to hear from you!

ROAD TO SUNRISE By Olivia Beck

Olivia begins her life facing the challenge of a physical disability, and at age 12, finds her life dramatically changed after the death of her mother in the late 1950s. Having been sheltered by the closeness of a large extended family, she and her 11-year-old brother Lenny suddenly find themselves with an uncertain future living with their self-centered father, as their older brother Benjy goes off to join the army.
The frustrated children shuttle between Brooklyn and the family’s upstate home in Liberty, New York, while Olivia struggles to balance her complicated life as a teenager with adult responsibilities. Strong family ties and the house that bonds her with fifteen close cousins, strengthen Olivia’s fortitude to deal with the trials she encounters on the road ahead.
With the backdrop of America’s growing pains in the 1950s and 60s, Olivia relives her life from a young girl’s perspective, through post-war economic growth, fear of nuclear war, ramifications of the McCarthy Era, the civil rights movement, the assassination of a president and the Vietnam War. School days, girlfriends, boyfriends and the birth of rock and roll, enrich her story of hardships, tragedy, and extraordinary childhood experiences.
Road to Sunrise takes us traveling from the busy streets of Brooklyn to the tranquil Catskill Mountains in an emotionally charged journey from idyllic early childhood, through turbulent adolescence and teen years, to the hopes and dreams of a young woman.
O.Beck

Postby stevereid » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:11 pm

JEF wrote:Hi Everyone, my name is Justin Falasca. I have been a teacher of computer science and technology at Tilden for many years and have had many wonderful experiences. Tilden's closing has left a void in my heart and the hearts of so many others. My students were the best and made teaching such a pleasure. My tech squad assisted me and helped maintain the technology we developed at Tilden. Does anyone remember me? I taught in Room 119. I'm still here at the Tilden Campus working for ITAVA, one of the new mini high schools. Hope to hear from past staff and students with a Post.

Hello Mr. Falasca!!

My name is Stephen Reid, you probably don't remember me, I graduated in 1984. I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart because you taught me COBOL, BASIC and RPG, which was the foundation I needed to succeed in the world of computers. Computer Science courses at college was easy because of your teaching; I went on to work for Milbank Tweed as a PC/Programmer, NYC DOT, Faulkner & Gray, Dreyfus, CBS Corporation and now Novantas. You had a major impact in my life and I think your wife taught me as well if I remember right.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Steve
stevereid

Postby JEF » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:56 pm

stevereid wrote:
JEF wrote:Hi Everyone, my name is Justin Falasca. I have been a teacher of computer science and technology at Tilden for many years and have had many wonderful experiences. Tilden's closing has left a void in my heart and the hearts of so many others. My students were the best and made teaching such a pleasure. My tech squad assisted me and helped maintain the technology we developed at Tilden. Does anyone remember me? I taught in Room 119. I'm still here at the Tilden Campus working for ITAVA, one of the new mini high schools. Hope to hear from past staff and students with a Post.

Hello Mr. Falasca!!

My name is Stephen Reid, you probably don't remember me, I graduated in 1984. I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart because you taught me COBOL, BASIC and RPG, which was the foundation I needed to succeed in the world of computers. Computer Science courses at college was easy because of your teaching; I went on to work for Milbank Tweed as a PC/Programmer, NYC DOT, Faulkner & Gray, Dreyfus, CBS Corporation and now Novantas. You had a major impact in my life and I think your wife taught me as well if I remember right.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you so much. It thrills my heart, that as a teacher, I played a positive roll in your life. However, you are the one who did all the hard work in achieving your goals. I am so proud of you. I checked the 1984 yearbook and saw your picture to bring back my recollection of you. The years have gone by real fast. It was so good to hear from you. Keep in touch.

Justin Falasca
JEF

The effect will be Very impulsive periscope

Postby Cpkiwelunk » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:47 am

Even although the Bags a person can can buy at Coach Factory Stores are inexpensive, rest assured that these kind of are only selling authentic Coach handbags. If you don't the time go to the stores, you can always visit their official website. There are online websites that offers printable vouchers, but these coupons is only able to be used online. In only a case of minutes, these types of surely get yourself a website that will give the rebate voucher that need to have. You can obtain the promotion code and avail good discounts from Coach Factory stores.Tips Regarding How To Discover Bargain Coach Purses At Internet http://www.leatherlaserengraving.co.uk This facts on assist pretty much all you kids which seeking to find cheap deals in Coach Bags at garage sales, eBay, and more. One with the better to make certain that you do not get cheated by somebody hinting it is a real Coach Bag, because it has happened to my. I have a bunch of ideas that is actually really exceptional. Find your choice of authentic mulberry handbags which will make your own spin. Many many Mulberry Collection handbags on Vivabag at prices discounted a lesser amount than retail. Many discount Mulberry bags are every bit waiting to be able to to find them. The "On Sale" section offers inventory from the Spring/Summer 2009 mulberry handbags at special prices. Another section introduces the Fall/Winter handbag collection and entices you to look ahead. The good gossip generally at google . that congratulations, you don't require waste your precious amount of time in lashing after which they judgment the parking room scarce the coach purses outlet. Neither you always be exhaust level of verdict such collect in your neighborhood nor have an individual look and go in bigger cities for export the describe Coach. It's totally certainly find such bags from a coach outlet store via the web. .
Cpkiwelunk

Next

Return to Tilden Alumni Forum